EXPERIENCED TRAILER REPAIR TECHNICIAN
Susquehanna Motor Co. Inc. is a family-owned and operated business that has been servicing customer needs for more than 75 years. Located in West Milton, Pennsylvania, we offer a full line of Mack and Isuzu Trucks, and services to include Sales, Service, Parts and Trailer/Body Shop Repair.
We strive to provide an environment for both our customers and team members that is welcoming! We believe that cultivating relationships makes a difference and we are committed to building relationships with our employees, customers and our community.
We employ more than 50 team members, with over 400 years of combined experience. Average tenure of our employees is 10+ years. Our employees are our greatest asset and together we can make a difference!
Susquehanna Motor Co. Inc. offers challenging career opportunities, training and employee development along with the opportunity to grow in your career with our company.
We offer a generous benefit package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Training in our Industry
- Bonus/Incentive Program Available
- Uniforms & Work Boot Program for eligible employees
- Employee Discount for eligible employees
- Tool Assistance Program
- Work Life Balance
Location: Susquehanna Motor Co. Inc., West Milton, PA
Job Role: Trailer Repair Technician
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday – Friday
- Over-time as needed to meet production goals
Pay: $37,000 – $52,000 annually, Pay Commensurate with Experience
We’re looking for experienced Trailer Repair Technicians to join our team! As a Trailer Repair Technician, you’ll perform vehicle and trailer repairs as assigned in accordance with dealer and factory standards. Your attention to details makes you a valuable asset to the team as you ensure repairs are of quality workmanship and completed on time.
Ideal candidate is positive, dependable, trustworthy, detail oriented, and can work independently with little direction, one who continuously looks for ways to improve processes, is relationship focused and demonstrates that they can troubleshoot issues on demand.
- Examine damaged vehicles to identify repairs needed
- Perform body repair on various commercial trucks, trailers, buses and other vehicles • Repair or replace defective mechanical parts
- Remove damaged fenders and panels
- Perform work as outlined in the repair order with efficiency and accuracy
- Document all work performed and recommended on the body shop repair order
- Communicate with parts team members to obtain necessary parts
- Remove or repair dents, dings and other larger damages to the exterior of a vehicle • Perform welding and frame repairs
- File, grind, weld, fill and sand repaired surfaces as needed
- Body and mechanical repairs on medium and heavy-duty trucks and trailers, including fiberglass, plastics, aluminum and sheet metal
- Collison related mechanical diagnostics
- Wiring and electrical diagnostics
- Work with other departments to ensure a quality product and on time delivery
- Operating all equipment in the Body Shop in a safe and productive manner, following safety standards for the use of person protective equipment (PPE) while working on the shop floor
- Inspecting all work performed as a Quality Control (QC) measure as soon as jobs are completed • Use all chemicals according to manufacturer directions and specifications
- Understand and follow regulations that affect Body Shop operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA guidelines, etc.
- Prep truck and/or trailer components for painting
- Maintain housekeeping and organization of personal work area
- Maintains and is accountable for dealer-owned tools and equipment
- Operates tools and equipment in a safe manner
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Degree)
- Post Secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), a plus
- State Inspection License, preferred
- Experience in heavy-duty truck or related industry, 2-3 years preferred
- Panel Replacement
- Cut, Weld, Sand, Form and Prep
- Steering and Suspension Repairs
- Wheel Alignment and Balancing, preferred
- Work is physical and requires prolonged and repeated lifting (up to 75 lbs.), bending, twisting, standing, climbing, crawling, reaching, pulling, pushing, and crouching
- Minimum tool requirement (basic hand tools, sockets, wrenches, etc.)
- Must be reliable, honest, and trustworthy
- Must be dependable
Job Offers are contingent upon all required pre-employment screenings which may include but are not limited to background check, drug/alcohol testing, and fit for duty testing.
Susquehanna Motor Co. Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An Equal Opportunity Employer: Susquehanna Motor Co. Inc. does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age; disability or status within any other protected group. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity consistent with federal, state, and local law.